CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 03, 2008

A Brilliant Menu Plan

Given the fact that our digestive powers decrease with age, is this really a wise meal to serve in a retirement community? All I can say is I'm glad I no longer work in the health care center where a meal like this can mean only one thing--hell for the caregivers who come on board that night!
White Chili
Chicken Kiev
Beer Brats with Sauerkraut
Corned Beef
German Potato Salad
Cabbage
Asparagus
Strawberry Pie
Of those selections, the only ones that don't make for a rootin' tootin' time are the Chicken Kiev and the Strawberry Pie. The rest of it makes for an intestinal blast of proportions only magnified by the aging gut's inability to break down such robust food-stuffs. I already have a hell of a time digesting bratwurst, and I'm in my 40's. Imagine what will happen when I'm in my 80's. It will probably explode in my stomach and straight up kill me!
Sauerkraut is actually supposed to be good for the digestion. But it does make one fart. And then when you add more cabbage on top of it? Seriously, if they serve this down in the health care center there is only one thing left to believe: that they are trying to kill off the staff!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Höhö, boombastic so to say ... what do they serve for drinking? If you ad a milkshake to the sauerkraut you get some free beds, because the old geezers will definitely not survive. I Chicken Kiev radiating? Aw, kitchen wonders ...