CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Working Sick

Thankfully I don't have to help Albert tonight, because I really feel like hell. I'm having stomach cramps on top of menstrual misery, and you really wanted to know that, and I don't care.
For some reason, during the three days that I was gone, this addled man discovered that he should push his emergency alert every time he needs to pee, and he was needing to pee a lot. My co-worker complained (and rightfully) that it is very time consuming to have to go to his apartment every 45 minutes to an hour. So finally the family got enough of a clue to hire a night caregiver--at least for tonight and Sunday night. I'm not sure why Saturday night is cursed, and I'm not sure what it's going to take for the administration, the family, or both to get a clue. Probably this man falling and hitting his head on something.
Every time we visit a person's room for a bathroom assist, they are charged $18. I am sure that the department wants to collect that revenue. But come now. The guidelines specifically state that a person be able to help themselves, and if they can no longer help themselves, that they hire a private caregiver or move to the assisted living area.
This is never enforced until the situation becomes impossible.
And this is what happens when individuals such as Alvin N. Chipmunkk are left in charge. They are completely clueless as to the realities of the situation. They are MBA's who have never worked "in the trenches." They try to do what looks good on paper. And Heaven forbid they should ask the "grunts" what the score is. We have to complain vehemently and often to get anything done.
No surprises there.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

In your concern about your frequent contact with elderly bottoms, you seem to have forgotten about the most important bottoms of all: your superior's, and the bottom line!
Instead of airing your disrespectful views, you should be picking up a copy of my new book, POSTERIOR OSCULATION FOR DUMMIES!

Cie Cheesemeister said...

Dr. Minnie,
I think you have several copies of that dispersed throughout the building. One night I ran out of butt wipes and had to use a couple pages to facilitate proper tushy care.

Anonymous said...

If you READ my book and became a correctly minded individual, you might become an administrator and have people following around BEGGING to wipe your posterior!

Anonymous said...

Or the posterior of anyone you wished to designate!

Cie Cheesemeister said...

Which, let me guess--would be you, perhaps?
I feel the need to point out that the Word Verification is "wrawr."

Anonymous said...

Nonsense! I already have peons not only wiping but applying their lips to my posterior. I didn't make this my field of expertise for nothing!